Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas in NYC


Christmas was quiet and relatively uneventful this year. I came home to the cat in her jingle bell elf collar which I thought was mean. But she seemed ok with it, so who am I to argue? Christmas itself was nice-- just me and the folks. Gifts then out to dinner. And the traditional Christmas Day movie-- "Slumdog Millionaire" (excellent!).
The next day I went out to Long Island to see Lara and get some bridesmaid dress shopping in. The shopping wasn't so successful, but the time with Lara was. I also learned that Long Island Railroad is run by mean idiots who only post what track a train is on 5 mins. before it's scheduled to leave creating a herd that rushes into tunnels. And then sometimes-- they just cancel a train. No warning. No reason. Just never shows up.
Eventually, I got on a train and back into the city for a little Marymount reunion. Say all you want about Facebook, but I've had a couple of awesome times this past year because I reconnected with people from Facebook. This was one of those nights. We met at our old stomping grounds and everything fell right back into place. It was awesome. Did I saw that already?
Saturday was my parents' favorite pastimes-- shopping and a movie. I reaped the rewards of that one-- a lovely navy cocktail dress and "Doubt". Sometimes it's nice being an only child.
And that was it! Home on Sunday. It was a quick trip, relatively quiet and drama-free. Which I think is the perfect trip home.
Me, Carmen & Bel at the Amity Coffeeshop where we spent EVERY morning before school
Carmen & Bel at the Cafe Carlyle. So grown-up!

No comments: