Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Friday, August 1 through Sunday, August 3-- Lollapalooza

This was Year 3 for me and Lollapalooza. It overlapped for a day with my parents' visit. Didn't stop me from going. As always, it was sweaty and exhausting and fun. It was Laura's birthday on Saturday so I was glad I could see her and celebrate. The Raconteurs were awesome. Mr. Mason Jennings was handsome and as cool as expected. Chromeo was super fun. Dancing to Kanye with a Chicago crowd was a perfect way to end the weekend. I lost Tim Sat night during Wilco which stunk. And it was up for grabs whether it was Tim, Shannon or myself who were going to rumble with the idiot kids at Girl Talk. But still, overall an awesome weekend.

The sweaty Black Keys were the first band I saw on Fri night.
The Ramirez siblings Fri night. Carlos doing the oh, so clever rabbit ears.
Jack White of the Raconteurs. One of my favorite acts of the weekend.
Day 2 started with the lovely Mason Jennings- warranted a text to Nicole
I'm always fascinated with the sign language chicks at the festivals
It was Laura's bday on Sat. Happy Birthday!Laura's brother and his girlfriend whipping up vodka lemonades
Laura, her bro and his girl
Tim & me before MGMT
Tim & Ferrin lookin' cool.
This was 1 water bottle of wine away from getting lost. Broken Social Scene
Laura & Me at Wilco
Wilco doing "Outtasite". They were good, but I've seen them better.
This is was Tim's Day 3. G. Love made for lovely napping music
There were some odd ducks there including these hula hoop girls
Shannon and Me at a packed Girl Talk
The crazy Girl Talk stage Mr. Girl Talk himself crowd surfing at the end of the set
Kanye doing "Gold Digger" He was awesome. One of my favorite acts of the weekend.

2 comments:

Dudeonfull3rt0n said...

Raconteurs are so awesome. I am totally sucked into them and now picking back up on old White Stripes. Damn am I jealous.

But then again, Journey was just in Irvine and I think John Mayer was here...how you like me now!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I luuvs me some Jack White - my pale lil Detroit man! I saw the Raconteurs open for Dylan last year - so good! And I was so PO'ed when his ex-wife/sister/whoever-she-is had a panic attack and the White Stripes tour was canceled. Boo!

Oh, and I admire Tim's ability to nap in any situation.