Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

10 year BU law school reunion-- Oct. 10-12

Night 1: "How would you ladies like the best limo ride of your lives?"

This past weekend was my 10 year law school reunion. Not really sure how that happened, but there you have it. Tim came with me to Boston for the festivities. We landed at 7:30 and were at the Cask & Flagon by 8:30. A quick stop at Amy & Theo's, an even quicker change and there was a beer in my hand soon thereafter. The drinking by the crew had started much earlier-- some had started with cocktails at lunch at 1:30. So everyone was in different states of inebriation. I had to catch up. The Bud Light wasn't doing it. But the 2 Jamesons took care of it. It eased the pain of watching the Sox win at a bar on Lansdowne St. But I love these guys and it was well worth it. The night ended with the girls + Tim leaving the bar and having a guy w a Town Car ask us, "How would you ladies like the best limo ride of your lives?" Who could say no to that? Other than some aromatherapy scents being pumped out, not sure it was any different than any other Town Car ride. But then again, I had been drinking whiskey. What did I know?

Ethan & Lauren at the Cask & Flagon
Kim, me, Nicole & Theo
Ameen, Fintan, RIck & Ethan. Everyone knows what it means when the baseball hat is down that low.
Happy Ethan & Kim post-Red Sox win.
Sexy Nicole & Theo with bemused RIck & Ameen in the background.
Theo & Ethan at the end of the night.
Day 2: The baby tour

We started Sat. morning with some greasy food to combat the hangovers that some of us had. It was a girls day + Tim. Tamara and Michele both have newborns so they were taking a pass on the reunion festivites. But we couldn't be in Boston and not see them and meet the new additions. So we walked over to Charlestown, did part of the Freedom Trail, Nicole & Tim insanely climbed to the top of the Bunker Hill monument and then we visited the babies. It was pretty impressive-- 2 newborns and a toddler and not a single moment of crying. That's better than most of my Friday nights. The kids were beautiful, the moms were good and all in all, it was a lovely afternoon.
Us with the Bunker Hill monument in the background. Nicole & Tim walked the 300 steps to the top. Tim still can't walk right.
Aunt Nicole holding Baby Ella
Mama Michele with Little Griffin
Addison and Kim digging a hole in the sandbox. Not a castle. Because you need wet sand for that.
Night 2: "I want to have sex with Tom Brady"
I have no idea how we did it, but 5 girls + Tim managed to get ready for the reunion with 1 bathroom at our disposal. And we were on time! The reunion was at the Intercontinental and we had a decent turnout. There were professors and fellow classmates that I recognized. But I was fairly antisocial, only talking to the crew that I had gotten trashed with the night before. I mean, they ARE the cool kids after all. I thought the Dean's speech was relatively entertaining, the food sucked but the booze flowed. Wine glasses were knocked over and some even broke (poor Nicole got injured!) but neither were done by me, so that was a success. I didn't fall OR cry. Ethan declared that he wanted to have sex with Tom Brady. I told him I would put that quote on the blog. He threatened to have the blog shut down. I guess we'll see what happens. After the bad dinner, we went to the downstairs bar to catch the Sox game and this time watched them lose. Kim declared that they need to trade Timlin. Tim & I quietly cheered the loss. The night seemed to fly by. I thought we were back at Theo's by 10 but I was informed it was more like 1:30. Back at her place, we had frozen pizza and Slim Jims. Just like 1998.
2008 v. 1998- Ethan now pours his beer into a glass. WTF?
Ethan & Lauren
Rick & Julie. She just had twins. I can't believe it.
Kristen & Ameen
Me & Tim
Theo, me & my giant head that blocks out Nicole, Nicole & Kim.
Amy & Theo-- the best hostesses ever
Tim & me and the self-portrait
Amy, Kim & Theo
Me & Theo at the end of the night. Not bad.

1 comment:

MDH said...

You look so happy! Seems like everyone had fun. Can't wait to meet Tim here in DC.