Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Monday, October 6, 2008

October in Chicago

I welcomed October with girlfriends, too much wine and the Rachael Yamagata show. Well, about 20 mins of the show. Girlfriend + wine pre-show = missing most of the show. But it was a great way to welcome October. I've had a few more October thoughts:
  • I think that people are either fundamentally Halloween people or NOT Halloween people. My friend Robin who always throws a Halloween party and a couple of years ago dressed up as Napoleon Dynamite with the dance perfected and tater tots at the party-- Halloween person. Me who feels anxiety over getting dressed in regular clothes in the morning-- not a Halloween person. Alex who loves attention and last year dressed up as one of the guys from the SNL "D*ck in a box" skit-- Halloween person. Just a theory.
  • I was walking around the Loop today and saw 3 people wearing flip-flops. It's October people. In Chicago. Let go.
  • Speaking of which, I took this picture last week. It's right by one of our restaurants that's in Wrigleyville. It was funnier when both the Cubs and Sox were in the playoffs. The crosstown rivalry extends to the L renovations. And this is why it's illegal to sell spray paint in Chicago.
Anyway, hope everyone is having a lovely fall. A toast-- To Autumn!

No comments: