Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Fri. Oct 3 - Sun. Oct. 5-- Weekend in Madison

This past weekend I was in Madison! I've wanted to go back for a game-- I was horribly negligent last year and it was the 1st football season where I failed to go back for a game. Tim's an OSU fan, so we chose the weekend of the WI-OSU game. The weekend turned out to be a a combination of the grown-up and the juvenile. We visited w friends who now have families and it was fun to meet their kids and see my friends as new parents. Lisa and Jeff were kind enough to host us. Which was great because we got to know Grace, their 9 mo. old. She's super expressive and has this devilish look she gives you. Tim fell for her cereal and doll that sang the "ABC"s. We also visted with Megan and her 18 mo. old Lauren. Who is super sweet, taking care of Grace and cleaning up after us. And looks IDENTICAL to her dad Matt. Seriously.

Grace and her devilish look
Lauren aka mini-Kures and Megan at Nick's.
Which Tim called "dreary" . I call it awesome. I mean, note the vinyl of the booth.
And then the juvenile. Yeah, when I said juvenile, I didn't mean the kids. I meant me & Tim acting like kids. We headed over to the Big Ten Pub around 4. The game wasn't till 7. But it was already packed. Tim doesn't like packed. So I got him a Sparks and he was happy. He's very easily pleased. We drank outside, watched some of the Brewers sole playoff victory, met up with Alex & his buddies. It was so fun. And then the game. Not as fun. It was tied at the half. The Badgers had the lead in the 4th. And then they blew it. I believe I texted Dan to F-off about 100 times. Flipped Tim off 1,000 times. Commisserated w everyone bc everyone hates OSU. But all to no avail-- the Badgers broke my heart. Luckily the alcohol was there to kill the pain.
The packed Big Ten Pub
Happy Tim and his Sparks.
Tim post-Sparks. That's a foam Captain Morgan hat he's got on.
Me & Tim before the game. And therefore before the 1,000 times I gave him the finger.

Post-game we met up with Jeff and poor, sober Lisa picked us up. Sunday was back to Chicago. Tim slept/passed out for most of the drive home. Which I think is the sign of a great weekend. Of course, that's usually how Tim spends his Sundays...

1 comment:

MDH said...

I miss your Madison friends! So glad to hear that they are doing well.