Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Dinner out and girl talk

Hibiscus Margaritas
Dinner out with girlfriends. I know that everyone does it, but I feel so lucky to have these dinners in my life. There's getting together as a group or at a party. But there's something about a one-on-one catching up with a girlfriend that is irreplaceable. Laura and I have raised these dinners to ritual status. And we've both described them as revitalizing, sustaining, even nourishing-- and not just from the food. But the food always is good. As is the booze. And last week I was lucky enough to have 2 of these:
Wednesday- Butterfly and The Hurricane
Wednesday was dinner with Mandy and I insisted on a Hurricane at Butterfly. I had a rough day. We're going through a lot of transitions as work and the roller coaster is a little draining. Mandy was good enough to indulge me and let me order whatever I wanted at my favorite sushi place (which I learned about from a girls night dinner w Liz). We polished off 4 sushi rolls and a bottle of wine in the process. Then over to a nightcap at May St. Market. The service at this place is just perfect. We went in for drinks. Mandy wasn't sure what her 2nd glass of wine should be. So the manager brought over a flight so she could taste them and decide what she liked best. And then there's the complimentary flatbread they always bring us. So attentive, so pleasant. If you're in the area, it's a great place for dinner or a drink. And catching up with a friend. It was a great way to make a rough Wed. a memorable night.
Thurs- DeCero & Sexy Tacos
Thursday was dinner w Laura. We put this on the calendar over a month ago. It's our new thing-- celebrating not only bdays but 1/2 bdays. So Oct. 30 was close enough to Nov 1 which is my 1/2 bday. Of course, Laura told EVERYONE that it was my real bday, they brought dessert and sang to me. And we closed down the restaurant as per usual. We had the 8 taco platter (pictured above) which was good. But it was the margaritas that stole the show-- guava (we each had 1), hibiscus (we each had 2) and passion fruit (we each had 2). So...that's 8 tacos and 10 margaritas btwn us. Hell yeah! As a result, the conversation rambled all over the place and the camera came out. You can see the wackiness that ensued. Made for a rough Fri. am. But sooo worth it. Can't wait for the next ones on the calendar!
My "birthday" treat

Laura's "drinking" a bottle that we found on the bar and I'm "smoking" the candle from my birthday dessert

No comments: