Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Westside Thanksgiving-- Wed., Nov 19

Every year my old office has its own Thanksgiving celebration. I went this year for the first time in a few years. And I'm glad I did.
My job at Legal Assistance Foundation wasn't fun. I was a generalist so I had to represent people in a variety of areas-- family law, evictions, bankruptcy, consumer law, unemployment. The list seems endless. I didn't know most of the areas of law and I had very little supervision. There were very few resources. We regularly took emergency cases. Which all made for a very stressful work life. But the people? The people rocked. I don't get to see them all that often and I miss them. So it was a nice evening. And it made me very thankful.

Leo & Catherine. I remember when she was pregnant with him. She would stand sideways just showing her belly in my office doorway. It made me giggle every time. And now that belly is Leo!
William and Emily. He loved the spoon. I didn't get a picture of John, Emily's husband. But you're basically looking at a mini-version of him.
And he smelled so good!
Miriam, Lisa & Emily.
Emiliano, Brett's little boy and William, Emily's oldest, playing in the waiting room. I always remember how old Emiliano is by remembering that Celia was very pregnant when the White Sox won the World Series. He's a lucky charm.
Brett and Emiliano having a very rational, reasonable conversation about sharing.
And then the upside down tummy torture technique.
Lisa and Miss Eva King. Both canvassed for Obama in swing states that went blue. That's right-- they're personally responsible for his win.

No comments: