Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Project Runway- Pitchfork edition

Pitchfork was populated by hipsters. By young, alt, indie kids. It led to interesting people watching. It was hipster-land where all the jeans were skinny and all the tshirts ironic. I'm not one to judge-- I know that there are times when I feel like the odd man out. When I'm in the Gold Coast or Lincoln Park, I know I don't blend with the ladies who lunch or the trixies. And when I try, I know people can see through it. So I'm not making fun of these guys. Everyone's got their own style. But I'll tell you this-- there were definitely some trends that you don't see on your average street corner. Here's some of the people watching:

The crowd at Jarvis Cocker
This guy prompted Tim to mumble, "Dirty Hippie"
Needlepointing before Spiritualized
Fluorescent glasses
Actually, fluorescent everything
Boots and shorts. In 90 degree heat. In Chicago.
Short 70s gym shorts
Sweatbands
Tie dye and non-broken in baseball hats

1 comment:

Guaranteed Fresh said...

I think the last one is Feist in the audience and I think the first one is that guy Natalie Portman dates... By the way, the all look a little too clean in the pictures, honestly...