Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday, July 20-- Brunch and Pitchfork Day 3

Day 3 was rough. Tim had about 8-9 Sparks on Sat so couldn't sleep that night. And we got up bright and early to meet Tamara, Mike, Mike's sister and her fiance for brunch. I felt badly, but when friends are in town from Boston, you rally. Of course, Mike was cranky with me because brunch was taking him away from the British Open. But it was still great to see him-- even cranky Mike is a fun Mike. It was good to see Tamara and catch up a little on her pregnancy and the Boston crew. They got to meet a very quiet Tim. Tamara and I both had some yummy crepes. It was 100% worth the early morning (and early morning means getting up at 10 am-- I know I've lost sympathy from anyone who has a baby).

After brunch we headed over to the festival. Tim & I both decided that it was going to be an alcohol free day. After his Sparks experience, Tim was also wary of any caffeine. It was a pretty mellow day. We hung out in the shade a lot listening to music. I spent most of the day making fun of people and what they were wearing. There'll be a "Pitchfork- the fashion edition" soon. Had some bbq for dinner. Spiritualized was the only band we really got super up close for. And they were amazing. Blew my ears out. And the sound system. Seriously-- the sound went out for a little bit. We hung back for Dinosaur Jr trying to get our hearing back. And then stuck around for a little Spoon. Again, we were beat from a long weekend in the sun (oh, and alcohol) so we headed home a little early. It was a great weekend. Exhausting. But great.

This was my view most of Sunday-- just lying under the trees and listening to music
Apples in Stereo- I thought they were groovy
Les Savy Fav
This guy was insane. He has on a 1 legged unitard.
Les Savy Fav
You can't hear the music that well
But you should see the outfit
And the jumping into the crowd


M Ward was as amazing as I had anticipated.
And now I know that he's a cutie pie too.
The crush is complete.
Spiritualized
Spiritualized doing "Soul on Fire"
Again, bad sound bc they were so loud.
But they were overwhelmingly good.
Tim in heaven at Spriritualized

1 comment:

Mike Bennett said...

No Lolla for me. One festival is enough for me. It was great seeing you and your posse too. I'm glad Tim enjoyed Jarvis Cocker -- I ran into him Saturday and he was pretty primed for it. I suppose the Sparks helped too.