Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Saturday, July 19-- Pitchfork Day 2

Day 2 I thought I had made a rookie mistake-- getting so drunk the 1st day that you can't enjoy the 2nd day. I was not a pleasant girl waking up in the morning. I had a hot dog for breakfast-- another rookie mistake. But we rallied and made it for Fleet Foxes. And then I made the smartest decision of the weekend during that show-- to take a nap. It was lovely, mellow music to drift off to. When I got up, I was back to normal and hitting the vodka lemonade I had snuck in. Meanwhile, Tim and his buddies checked out other bands and he had many, many Sparks. Things got rowdy. By the end of the night, they were super excited for Jarvis Cocker. We were pretty close up for him and the crew I was with were "those guys"-- hooting and screaming for the band before they were even on, calling out song names, throwing water bottles. Good times, good times.
I thought Chris Robinson had gotten a new band together. But no, it was Fleet Foxes
Tim & Rob
Luke and Rob
Note the matching boots
The entire matching outfits by Rob & Luke
Luke was a VIP and I think Rob was trying to sweet talk his way backstage
Tim & me
Rob, Luke (yes, there are 2 Lukes) and Tim
I have no idea.
The Hold Steady were AWESOME. Jarvis Cocker
I thought he looked a little like Austin Scarlett from Project Runway
But I didn't tell the boys

No comments: