Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bruce in Milwaukee!-- Saturday, August 30

So you're scared and you're thinkin' that maybe we ain't that young anymore.
Show a little faith there's magic in the night.
You ain't a beauty but hey, you're alright.
And that's alright with me.
- Bruce Springsteen, "Thunder Road"

This weekend was Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band! He played Harleyfest in Milwaukee. Anyone who knows me knows that I love, love, love Bruce. He appeals to the Jersey in me (and yes, there's Jersey in me). Anyway, they converted Veteran's Park into a concert area with a huge stage and booths. The gates opened at 5 and we got there at about 5:45. The field was already more than 1/2 full. He went on a little past 8:30 and went almost till 12:30-- over 3 1/2 hours! It was amazing. He played everything I wanted to hear. He opened w a motorcycle song off his new albumn and then went into "Out in the Street" that made me go nuts. "I take my hard earned money and meet my girl down on the block. Monday when the foreman calls time I've already got Friday on my mind". Not long after he went into "Spirit in the Night" which I told Tim they wouldn't play. "By the time we made it up to Greasy Lake I had my head out the window and Janie's fingers were in the cake. I think I really dug her 'cause I was too loose to fake. I said, "I'm hurt." She said, "Honey let me heal it". He played "Badlands" and "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out" and "Sandy". Some stuff off his new album and "The Rising". He played "Glory Days" and pulled a girl on stage for "Dancing in the Dark". And of course, "Thunder Road" and "Born to Run". But what really made me lose my shit was that he played "Rosalita"-- probably my favorite Bruce song (it rotates). I heard in his last couple of tours he wasn't playing it so I wasn't expecting it. But he did! I was totally and completely in heaven. The night was long-- getting out of the park stunk and getting back to Chicago felt like forever. But it was soooo worth it. I saw my favorite band with my favorite guy on a cool night along Lake Michigan. What could be better?


Milwaukee!
At the Women's Experience Pavilion at Harleyfest there were Helmet Hair Tips at 5:30
Tim & me and the self-portrait
Todd & Deedee-- another upside of going up to Milwaukee.
I was ready for all the people in the biker gear.
It was the people who looked like suburban grandparents but were wearing Harley gear that through me for a loop.
Tim got a hold of the camera and was feeling artistic.
And then he was feeling crude.
Bruce and Little Stevie!
In the 3rd hour, still rockin' out.
It was supposed to be "HD" for Harley Davidson but I thought it looked like HO. I love you Milwaukee!

No comments: