Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Friday, September 5, 2008

I love me some "90210"

Like every red blooded American girl, I watched the original "90210". I was excited about the new one. And OMG- I am not disappointed! A few notes:
  • Hannah Zuckerman Vazquez is on the show. Andrea's daughter! And there was a joke about her being 30 years old.
  • And Erin Silver! I have no idea how old all the babies from the old 90210 are supposed to be but I'm going with it. Because I love it!
  • Nat's on the show! The Peach Pit is a coffee shop-- him making espresso is a schtick.
  • The Pit is still around too. It's a cheesy club, but still.
  • I love the alt, punk girl v. the spoiled rich girl. The rich girl is Naomi and she was a crazy girl on "Nip/Tuck" and I'm having a hard time letting go of that. I think she's going to pull a knife any second.
  • I have a huge crush on this Mr. Matthews guy. But he is SO going to be the teacher who has an affair with a student.
  • I love the old drunk grandma. Jessica Walter. I loved her on "Arrested Development" and I love her now. She had a line about Ricardo Montalban cracking an egg on her ass. Awesome.
  • Man, I thought that the girls were skinny in the original. These girls? They're all bones. I blame "The O.C." for it.
  • There's finally a black kid on the show. Granted, he's adopted from Kansas. You'd think they could scrounge up one ethnic rich kid in Beverly Hills. But whatever.
  • Jennie Garth is AWESOME. She's funny and clever. Of course, I love her in "What I Like About You" with Amanda Bynes. So maybe you shouldn't trust my judgement.

Once upon a time, I used to read books instead of this crap. Who am I kidding-- I've always watched this crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let Kelly's baby daddy be Steve!! Let Kelly's baby daddy be Steve!! (Or maybe the curly hair is meant to throw us off? Could it be Dylan?!)

mlb said...

I know! The curly hair makes him look totally like Steve!