Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More Labor Day Weekend-- Sunday, Aug. 31 and Monday, Sept. 1

After an awesome night/morning for Bruce, the good times kept on rolling. Jessica and Chad came down with little Jack and their exchange student Tyler for Jazzfest. It was hot, hot, hot but we managed to find somewhere for Jack to cool down.

Jack playing w the other kids in the Millenium Park fountain.
Jack cooling down. Man, oh man, did I want to jump in too.
Jessica and adorable Jack. Tickling got the big smile for the camera.
After Jess, Chad & Jack headed home on the Amtrak, I headed home for a nice big nap. Ended the night with a couple of beers outside at the Edgewater with Miriam. Just the way summer nights should be.
Monday I FINALLY got to see Dan who was in town for a wedding. Me, him, Liz & Carolyn met at Bernie's for a beer before the game and then off to the bleachers.
Lizzie & Me sweating our balls off in the bleachers.
Me & Dan's giant head.
Me & Dan being nice to each other. That's why I like beer.
Tim loves the White Sox AND Jim Beam. Thought he might be conflicted about this billboard.

I had to leave the game early to draft my fantasy football team. It was an excruciatingly long draft. But I've been in this league for 11 years (Ack!) and it's $200 a pop, so I wasn't missing it. I think I have a decent team and this year. I'll be cheering for Peyton Manning. Yep, it's officially fall. Which leads to winter. Chicago Winter. Which is depressing. But still, I love this time of year when the weather's still nice and baseball has heated playoff races and college football teams are full of possibility. Yep, good times.

No comments: