Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Ode to Marshalls

I had a crappy day at work and I did what I always do when I need a pick-me-up-- I went to Marshalls. Bought a lovely pair of black canvas shoes w/ cork heels and open toe (See above). $25. It totally changed my day. I've chatted w/ my girlfriends (most often Kim) about the beauty of the cheap store to lift your spirits. My only problem is that I get REALLY cheap there. I picked up these rockin' red patent leather Guess heels. But they were $90. In my mind, that was clearly an unacceptable amount to spend. I mean, they're "normally" $180. So theoretically they're a deal. And in a real store, $90 is not an unusual amount to spend on shoes. But I can't spend more than $40 per item at a store like Marshalls. One time I actually had a shirt in my hand at H&M that was $40 and I texted Kim for advice on whether or not to purchase. The response from her was, "If I spend $40 at H&M, I better walk out with 8 things". Point made. Shirt put back on the rack. Lucky for me, the item over $40 is the exception rather than the rule.

Anyway, thank God for Marshalls. And TJ Maxx. And Nordstrom Rack. And on and on...

1 comment:

TPM said...

I want those shoes!!