Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Thursday, March 13-- Trivia night

Ok, here are highlights from last night's trivia. See below for answers. Don't cheat:
  1. Literary Places: What was the name of the paradise created in James Hilton's novel "Lost Horizon"?
  2. EST (ie., biggest, fastest, largest, etc.): With 250 rooms, this is the largest private residence in the world.
  3. Unusual Lyrics: Title and Artist for the following lyrics, "I eat more chicken any man ever seen".
  4. Cult Movies: The following actors were all in what movie- Johnny Depp, Winona Ryder, Vincent Price.
  5. Picture Round: Who is this?

Now Michele's (perhaps unanswerable) questions:

  1. If a man compliments your bracelet, is it safe to assume he's gay? What if he's a burly security guard at the State of Illinois building?;
  2. You know those Greenpeace people standing on the corner asking you if you, "have 5 mins. for the environment" (to which I always respond-- "No.")? I've seen people talking to the them. Who are they? Are they really learning about Greenpeace on a street corner?;
  3. Is there crack in the Panda Express Orange Chicken? If not, how come I can't resist it?;
  4. Why do guys use the expression, "I'll give you a shout"? What is that? Should be stricken from the lexicon.;
  5. I just heard Garth Brooks' cover of "Workin' for a Livin'" originally by Huey Lewis. Was that necessary? Is it that good of a song to start with? And if you're going to cover a Huey Lewis song, is that the one you choose? I think I'd go with "Heart & Soul" personally. Something off of "Sports" for sure.

OK, back to actual facts and knowledge. Answers to Trivia:

  1. Shangri-la;
  2. The Biltmore. Matt actually got this and we dismissed his answer as ridiculous. Not sure why he still plays w/ us.;
  3. Backdoor Man by the Doors. One of the other questions had "It's Raining Men" which I didn't think was that unusual of a music lyric. I sang it to the back bar where the trivia is held for an extra 5 pts.;
  4. Edward Scissorhands;
  5. Jack Elway, John's son

No comments: