Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Saturday, May 3-- The Derby and The Truckers

For a girl from the Bronx, I had quite the Southern Saturday. Weis reserved a table at the Million Room at Arlington for the Derby. There were 11 of us there and even though none of us had any real luck w/ the ponies, a good time was had by all.

Christian hoping this is the lucky ticket. It wasn't. Katy and Weis

After the racetrack, Zach & I headed back to the city to see the Drive-By Truckers. They were, as usual, awesome. I was feeling really good and actually well behaved. But then I saw that the Truckers were passing around huge 1.75 ltr. bottles of Jack Daniels. And it just seemed rude to be drinking Miller Lite. A few weeks ago at the Kathleen Edwards concert Shannon befriended the bartender at Metro. I chatted w/ him again and next thing you know, I have 2 super-strong Jack & Cokes for free. Sweet. Lisa was there w/ Amanda and AJ and apparently I was doing my oh-so-charming repeating the same thing 10 times in a row-- "Did you see the bartender from the Kathleen Edwards show?" Three minutes later, "Did you see the bartender from the Kathleen Edwards show?" Like that. All night. I'm sure I was a pleasure to be around. Well, I had fun. I do like how those southerners drink.

No comments: