Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 19 - 23-- Good Week

It's been a good week. Here are some of the highlights-

Monday:
Went to the NRA (National Restaurant Assoc.) show. I got there at 9 am w/ my boss and a chef and we stayed till 5 when they were turning the lights off. We were on our feet for 8 hrs straight and my dogs were barking by the end of the day. We talked to people about point of sale systems, griddles, fryers, paper products, security systems, etc. But the best part? I ate:

  • Frozen yogurt;
  • Gelato;
  • Frozen custard;
  • Cheddar;
  • Blue cheese;
  • Olives;
  • Hummus;
  • Veggie burgers;
  • Pastrami;
  • Bacon;
  • Grassfed beef burger;
  • Iced tea;
  • Lemonade;
  • Hot tea

My job rocks.

Wednesday:
Regular hump day but there were some very exciting spikes in the day:

  • Saw that "My Boys" is starting up again. Holla!
  • Discovered Cake Batter Ben & Jerry's.
  • Lisa got our tickets for "Sex & The City" opening night.
  • Restaurant Wars on "Top Chef"!
Thursday:
Trivia's back! Hot Fudge Thursday was back together. Matt, Magen & Alex were all there. I brought Tim who contributed ablely with the answer to "What are the 1st names of all the members of Hanson?" and an instant identification of Leslie Bibb (I had no idea who she was-- "Ironman", "Talledaga Nights". Now I realize "Popular" as well). Unfortuntately we only came in 3rd. We stayed out afterwards for many, many beers which was so fun. An awesome Thursday night. Which of course led to a rough Fri. morning.

Now it's Friday and we're headed into the Memorial Day weekend. Yahoo!

No comments: