Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday, May 4-- Lisa's birthday

It was Lisa's birthday today. She is a patient and gracious roommate. For example, yesterday I cooked, left the dirty dishes everywhere, proceeded to go out and drink too much. I slept late and spent 90% of the day on the couch. Lisa cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes. On her birthday. Yeah, she's getting the short end of the deal here.

So tonight me, Maureen and Mary took Lisa to Chalkboard. O-M-G. So yummy. And the waiter was too. The schtick w/ Chalkboard is that they have a seasonal menu and then the chalkboard specials. Mary's husband Sam gave Lisa a bottle of champagne as a birthday gift. I LOVE the birthday gifts for other people that I get to enjoy as well. Especially when it's alcohol. We started w/ the root vegetable salad. Who would think that beets would be good? Oh, anyone who thinks of them stuffed w/ goat cheese. Mmmm. I had the chimichurri hangar steak. It was allllright. And then, the coup de grace-- the chocolate chip cookie dough eggrolls. I mean seriously-- fried cookie dough? This man is a genius.

Me, Lisa, Maureen & Mary in front of the chalkboard at Chalkboard.

No comments: