Not sure I have much to say, but what the hell.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Thursday, May 1- May St. Market

I went to May Street Market with Laura for my birthday. We go to Butterfly for sushi all the time and pop into May St. for a drink (or 10) post-Butterfly. We've always said we wanted to eat at May St. sometime and Laura insisted on taking me there for my birthday. Boy am I glad she did. We had a lovely waiter who was very chatty w/ us. We were torn btwn the gnocchi & rissotto and said, "You'll have both. You'll have 2 courses. You'll start with the rissotto. This is the wine you should have." OK, done. By the time we ordered a 2nd bottle of wine I was feeling alright. The waiter was having a problem opening the bottle and said that it was bc of the wine key. I said, "Sure, blame the equipment." He said, "My fiance used to blame the equipment. Then I met my boyfriend and the equipment is working just fine."

Laura filled in some more blanks from my party. We had one of those awesome talks about work and boys and family. We polished off 2 desserts, 2 bottles of wine and complimentary dessert wine. We closed the place down. Not a shocker. Laura called it from the get go.

It was the perfect way to celebrate my 35th year. Thanks Laura.

Dessert #2
Red velvet cake with coconut something and beet ice cream and a beet chip
After Laura & I went at it


No comments: